Saturday, May 14, 2011

earth day activities for toddlers

earth day activities for toddlers. Memorial Day and Earth Day
  • Memorial Day and Earth Day



  • mrkramer
    Apr 25, 03:13 AM
    i thought this from my first post, but his join date is 08, and he's a regular. that is what has me thinking that what he is saying is really how he thinks/acts.

    I looked through some of his older posts, and while none of them are quite as obvious about how shallow and uncaring he is you can tell that he probably doesn't include the whole story. For example, he likes to argue with his neighbors (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978345&highlight=) I'm guessing that we only got half the story in that thread. Sounds like he was pretty rude in an Apple store. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=644656&highlight=) and one quote from that thread:

    I want the genius I dealt with to get in a car wreck tonight. I want to deal with the genius you got.

    Don
    plus parking in a handicapped spot. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=928429&highlight=) So based on past examples of his attitude here, I think this is really the way he thinks, not just an attempt to troll.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Memorial Day Activities For
  • Memorial Day Activities For



  • iTravis
    Apr 25, 01:00 PM
    This is what I was waiting for!
    Can't wait.





    earth day activities for toddlers. eco-friendly activities for
  • eco-friendly activities for



  • jettredmont
    Sep 13, 09:27 PM
    Hmm. A few thoughts.

    First, the "candybar" reference you make is quite apt: this looks a lot like the LG Chocolate. Which, of course, was designed to look like an iPod, so duh. But, I foresee market confusion. At least the buttons here will have some response to them (I hope!).

    Second, I'm not sure about the slide-out idea. I like the idea on many cell phones as a way to keep buttons from being pressed accidentally, but greatly prefer Apple's iPod "Hold" switch over a physical drawer or "key lock" mechanism. With the music buttons so exposed, seems we'd still need a "hold", and it'd be silly for that to only apply to half the device. More, though, I worry about how flimsy the device will feel with the scroll wheel "slid out". Granted, that seems infinitely better ergonomics than the keyboard itself sliding out (can slide open and dial with one hand in one smooth movement without re-adjusting phone in hand). But, still, I worry about the likelihood of the wheel "drawer" snapping off. I hate to see iPods in such pain!

    Third, what about cases? My cell phones without cases always end up looking like crap. I wouldn't want a nice shiny black iPhone to be all beaten up a week after I got it. How would a case work with a slide-out drawer? Are we stuck using socks?

    I'm assuming that the non-numeric controls (answer the phone, hang up, you know, the little not-so-important functions) are also in the drawer. Does that make sense for answering the phone while on the go?

    Finally: size? I know, most of the world doesn't have American-size Big Mac fingers. Still, I can't imagine using a keypad small enough (both width/height and depth) to fit under the scroll wheel of a nano. If you make it that small, the buttons have to be really bulby and stiff (see Treo); otherwise you just hit the wrong one too often.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Kids and Earth Day
  • Kids and Earth Day



  • -Garry-
    Oct 12, 06:03 PM
    This will be part of the (RED) campaign.

    More information over here at MySpace ... http://www.myspace.com/joinred





    earth day activities for toddlers. Visit The Earth Day Network to
  • Visit The Earth Day Network to



  • Multimedia
    Sep 11, 12:37 PM
    What? There's something screwed with your Mail.app.

    Think about it. If Mail.app used 100% of a core ALL THE TIME, people with single CPU machines wouldn't be able to do anything.

    Mail on my G5 iMac is sat there at 0.0% CPU utilisation when it's not doing anything.I have a large library of mail and smart mailboxes that refresh every time it checks for new mail. If I have it set to every 5 minutes, it takes 3 or 4 minutes to refresh all my smart mailboxes. :)





    earth day activities for toddlers. mothers day crafts
  • mothers day crafts



  • Lixivial
    Aug 23, 04:40 PM
    In addition, the companies announced that Creative has joined Apple's "Made for iPod" program and will be announcing their own iPod accessory products later this year.

    :eek:

    ...Sim Wong Hoo throwing in the towel? NEVER!

    EDIT: Yeah, the $100 million is kinda shocking, too... :D





    earth day activities for toddlers. annual Earth Day Festival
  • annual Earth Day Festival



  • nemaslov
    Sep 15, 06:10 PM
    then why can't McGiver (MacGiver) make it right now?:D





    earth day activities for toddlers. Today we#39;ll honor Earth Day by
  • Today we#39;ll honor Earth Day by



  • law guy
    Sep 11, 08:38 PM
    This is huge news. Where is everybody?!? :confused:


    Am I the only one here who thinks this is gigantic news? I can hear a pin drop. The stunned silence is deafening. :eek: ;)



    I agree - this is really something. As has been noted, it's just huge the increase in a short amount of time - the original Core release was only a short while back, then Core 2 Duo - which just made it into the iMacs - and now the Core 2 Quad release date of Mid-October! The pace is just astounding.

    Not only that, but as Arn and others note, the Quad Xeons are on the way as well. So, there is the path for 8 core Mac Pros in the very near future.

    Quad core iMacs, 8 core PMs (opps, I mean Mac Pros) - oh my.

    This amazing chip release rate - and significant increases each - will really put Apple to the test in terms of updating products quickly to stay competitive in terms of hardware release. In the past, Apple had to deal with chip upgrades so infrequently. It's a great problem to have, I suppose.

    I also echo the comments above re: isn't this the kind of thing that makes you glad Apple switched to Intel? Absolutely.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Earth Day for North Shore Kids
  • Earth Day for North Shore Kids



  • CQd44
    Apr 30, 06:24 PM
    I think it will be just as big as USB2 was. Why wouldn't it? I would be surprised if all the PC vendors shipped machines with TB, if history is any indication. Far more Windows PC's were shipped with USB2 than FW. That may change this time around with TB but I doubt it.

    My desktop has eSATA and USB 2 built into the case (of course this requires some plugging in on the motherboard itself...) and the motherboard supports firewire.

    I think what will probably happen is just switching to USB3 and TB. Seems easiest and the most backward-compatible.

    I can't wait to get a USB3 flash drive so my laptop can finally put its USB3 to use :)





    earth day activities for toddlers. Earth Day For Kids Online
  • Earth Day For Kids Online



  • damienvfx
    Sep 5, 03:14 PM
    If I am forced to watch ANY commercials on the iTunes movie downloads, then I'll never use it, ever. Bad enough I spend $10 to go to a theater to have the same mazda zoom zoom zoom/coke and a smile crap every time.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Their Earth Day Celebration
  • Their Earth Day Celebration



  • vwcruisn
    Mar 23, 05:31 PM
    trapster started out by showing where speed traps are. Why wasn't this app pulled long ago to help "save lives?" I didn't see the families of victims killed because of SPEEDING drivers upset about the app. Just sayin...





    earth day activities for toddlers. earth layers - anticline On
  • earth layers - anticline On



  • samcolak
    Apr 22, 11:26 AM
    As my first post to macrumors, I just purchased a 13" refurb 30 min ago. Oh well, still good technology. I can finally sell my 2007 macbook.

    Im running a 2007 MBP17'' with a nice SSD - Its a 2.33C2D and im happy its lasted soo long.. I had to replace the disk as it wasnt enough...





    earth day activities for toddlers. 100th day activities for kids
  • 100th day activities for kids



  • slavey
    Mar 23, 06:47 PM
    Amendment 1

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech; or of the press; or of the right of the people peacably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

    These Senators need to fix the real problems and stop trying to infringe on Constitutional guaranteed free speech. Just because some one doesn't like what is said doesn't mean they don't get to say it.

    This app differs in no way from me calling my buddy and informing him that I just drove through an DUI inspection. Should I not be able to do that either?





    earth day activities for toddlers. A student wearing an earth day
  • A student wearing an earth day



  • OatmealRocks
    Apr 16, 11:29 PM
    Or you could just buy a multi-port Thunderbolt adapter(that supports USB 3) for less than $10 when they are released making your half-baked scenario completely worthless.


    I stop reading everything you said after this statement. You are clueless dude. Go back to school or finish school or jsut stop typing.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Links to Father#39;s Day
  • Links to Father#39;s Day



  • EagerDragon
    Sep 9, 03:06 PM
    Well, wasn't the iMac G5 restricted to 2GB, yet it was a 64-bit processor? A 32-bit computer can take up to 4GB, but due to the hardware Apple was/is using, they can't even take this.

    What i find odd is that it appears to allow 1 or 2GB in either slot, but no more than 3GB in total. That is obviously the maximum the board can take, but it would have made a little more sense to allow 2GB in each. This will not really effect it's ability to run 64-bit software, just restricts how much memory can be used. Remember that you have been able to get AMD systems with 64-bit processors for some time now. They won't take more than 4GB, but will allow you to run 64-bit OSes and Apps.

    I'm hoping by the time I'm after an iMac, it will take at least 4GB, have Blu-Ray as an option, (although I may opt for standard Superdrive if it is an option and buy a Mac compatible external later), include bigger hard drives and stick to a similar price point to now.

    I'm tempted by the 20" now, but am not buying yet and would want about 320-400GB in there for the same price, perhaps even 2GB RAM. I've got time to wait however.

    I could be wrong but...I think Manic did hit it on the head. I think some of the hardware is still 32 bits. If the memory address leads are there for 3 Gigs then they are there to the max of 4 Gigs, above that is anyones guess. Yes it is very strange since either slot can take the 2 gig chip.

    Obviously the Mac Pro does not have that issue.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Fun Activities for Kids – Wand
  • Fun Activities for Kids – Wand



  • Josias
    Sep 5, 01:46 PM
    Extreme! I really hope for hi-quality movies, and not just 640x480. A new line-up would be nice too. :D





    earth day activities for toddlers. day crafts for kids to
  • day crafts for kids to



  • Otaviano
    Apr 22, 05:48 AM
    How does streaming music to my iPhone help me, when O2 cap my Internet usage, and then charge when you use more.

    A great point, it's kind of funny how consumers have let the media lead us into believing we need clouded services out of everything. I can understand streaming television and films, but what is so hard about syncing your music at home once or twice a week?





    earth day activities for toddlers. Sac Zoo#39;s EARTH DAY PARTY.
  • Sac Zoo#39;s EARTH DAY PARTY.



  • liamwillib
    Apr 22, 04:37 AM
    Maybe you wouldn't. I could see a use for it myself - I have a library of music so big you couldn't fit it all on any existing iPhone, and it's annoying to be out someplace and wanting to listen to a song, but you can't because you had to exclude it from your last sync. It would be preferable then for me to be able to link my iPhone to my music library and just have Apple deliver everything to me on demand... be it from the hard drive at home or from a central location.

    Of course, how this is all implemented will play a big role in whether the service is useful to me or not. If I can't listen to the CDs I bought and imported into iTunes for example... that's a dealbreaker as far as I'm concerned.

    This is why i would love this service, i can't even fit half my music on my phone, let alone video. I would love to be able to sync a few gigs of songs locally, and if I fancy listening to a song left on my laptop (or apple cloud) i could stream it.
    I envision the best way of presenting this local and remote info is by listing all the media on the iPhone in the form of album art or text, and greying out/applying a symbol to the music/video that would require streaming. If apple implement this something like this seamlessly, then they've got a winner in my opinion.





    earth day activities for toddlers. Celebrate Earth Day with lots
  • Celebrate Earth Day with lots



  • Dr.Gargoyle
    Sep 10, 12:48 PM
    Some applications just can't be multithreaded and writing reliable multi threaded applications is damned hard still.

    Back in the early 90s I was using ICL DAPs which had a grid of 1024 CPUs. You could fly through a Mandlebrot set in realtime or analyse weather patterns quicker than anything else at the time short of a couple of Crays. A Mac SE/30 however was quicker at handling files and we used to use that to handle the normal stuff.
    1024 CPUs??? WOW... and I thought I had nasty simulations. :o
    Still, dont you think that it is a terrible waste of computing power if the app doesnt take advantage of multiple processors, eventhough it might be very hard to write such an app? This is really not my field and I know far too little to have an opinion, so take it for what it is worth.





    Peace
    Sep 5, 12:00 PM
    iLounge has received the same invitation (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/apple-to-hold-showtime-event-on-september-12th/)





    G4er?
    Mar 22, 08:44 PM
    Next Mac will be whatever the largest screen they make and fastest chip they have whenever this one dies.

    Since you can only get the fastest processor with the largest screen your choice will be easy.





    AaronEdwards
    Apr 20, 02:01 PM
    Not trying to be a aluminum foil hat theorist here but this is the kind of small first step that leads us down a dark path to a "Minority Report" kind of future.

    But the Minority Report had the most amazing designs, and everything looked flawless. And you got to sort data with your hands.

    If something looks really good and have a great UI, then it can't be bad.





    zero2dash
    Aug 28, 12:43 PM
    With the switch to Intel, Apple may have to provide timely upgrades to remain competitive with Windows-based PC manufacturers.

    Apple isn't trying to remain competitive with anyone. :rolleyes:
    Never have, never will.
    They march to the beat of their own drum.





    joeshell383
    Sep 26, 09:36 AM
    Do any of you whiners realize that Verizon is trying to start their own music service to compete with an "iTunes + iPhone". Go to the Verizon Wireless website and click on Call My Music. Cingular and T-Mobile USA have no such service.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment