Saturday, May 14, 2011

love you more than

love you more than. i love you more than anything.
  • i love you more than anything.



  • Thataboy
    Aug 7, 03:30 PM
    There are many of you I want to beat with a spiky stick right now. Let's consolidate you into one bullet-point list of whiners:






    love you more than. i love you more than myself.
  • i love you more than myself.



  • Old Smuggler
    Sep 11, 02:31 AM
    I hope that the free iPod nano educational deal is still in effect if new iPods are released this week.

    seriously doubt it
    its just a way to make a little more money off the existing ipods and reduce stock before the changeover





    love you more than. i love you more than
  • i love you more than



  • ZildjianKX
    Sep 15, 05:35 PM
    Anyone think that a gig of RAM might be standard in the MBP?

    It's already standard in the iMac, except the education model, and that's a "consumer" machine.





    love you more than. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • andiwm2003
    Aug 7, 02:10 PM
    Pretty impressive specs, aside from the fairly hopeless 7300GT graphics card.

    The internal design - the hard drive slots and the memory - seems particularly well thought out.

    The Mac Pro will be my next computer. Time to configure one and see how much it would cost.


    wow, it took a full three (3) posts till somebody complains about the GPU. that seems to be the only constant thing that survived even the intel transition.:D





    love you more than. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • GoodWatch
    Apr 5, 02:06 PM
    Apple is a business whose mission is to sell phones, computers, and software. You as a customer buy those products, but they are designed by Apple. If you have a problem with Apple establishing a standard across its products to ensure quality, then you can just stop using them. That easy, just stop buying Apple products and stop using them, period.

    Apple sells me their products at a phenomenal margin but after that I'm the owner. If I want to throw my iPhone into a lake, it's up to me. (Bar the environmental issues). If I want to jailbreak, it's up to me. If I want to apply a theme made by a car manufacturer it's up to me. So please stop using those dogmas. Every time something like this is reported, fanboys start using those wafer thin arguments. We aren't brainwashed drones, are we?





    love you more than. love you more than myself.
  • love you more than myself.



  • SiliconAddict
    Nov 26, 03:11 PM
    http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/images/21286fujitsustylisticmodded.jpg

    Close but no banana. Any type of tablet needs to have at least 1"-1.5" of border so when you pick it up one handed you don't touch the screen. Also I think Apple would NEED to have grips on a couple sides of the thing. I don't know ab out you guys but picking up my MBP one handed is difficult and sometimes scary.
    Also screen size dictates battery life. Granted this picture doesn't depict the screen size but it can't be larger then 12-13" max

    12-13" + Intel Core 2 Solo ULV + the entire backside being a battery + a swivel keyboard on the thing + a modified OS X GUI == Apple for the win.


    Just look at the specs:

    1GHz Transmeta Crusoe


    Transmeta sucks....like black hole sucking.


    I've always been of the impression, since the time of the pre-release discussions of tablet PCs, that they were a solution looking for a problem.

    I would never, ever want to spend my money on an electronic equivalent to a notepad. And I happen to use notepads, BTW. However, if I was taking notes with it (which is NOT at all what I do with the notepads I own), there's no way in the world I'd be writing on it; that would be far too slow.

    Why would I want to waste my time learning shorthand (which makes the assumption that TPCs could handle various forms of shorthand) so I could do through writing what I can already do at 70+ WPM via typing. And with typing, it solves the whole problem of handwriting recognition, because there ISN'T ANY.

    The TPC market is so highly specialized and so incredibly vertical that I believe it would be nothing more than a distraction for Apple away from their core business and development strengths.

    handwriting on a tablet PC is what I define as bandwidth limiting. In order from fastest to slowest.

    Speech
    Typing
    Handwriting

    All three can be done a tablet, granted speech to text is still a hit and miss tech, as long as said tablet is a convertible and NOT a slate design. Slate designs, ones that don't have a keyboard are for vertical markets and dedicated devices like multimedia players and the like.





    love you more than. love you more than quotes.
  • love you more than quotes.



  • Cobrien
    Jul 30, 11:39 AM
    I cant believe the problems which I have seen with phone companies in America. I have never had a dropped call in my life, my signal is almost always full and in Britain, almost every phone is available on all networks and sim free except for some phones on the 3 network.

    Anyway I do hope that this phone comes out, my ROKR is shockingly bad and freezes every time I miss a call.

    I also hope it will have 3G. The new RAZR has 3G which shows it doesnt have to be very bulky to use.





    love you more than. love you more than funny
  • love you more than funny



  • ampd
    Aug 7, 08:56 PM
    These sound sweet, I want one.

    But it's funny how the whole Mac Pro is a killer machine but they still neglect the video cards, seriously a nVidia Geforce 7300GT.

    If you don't like the video card then upgrade it to the quadro and go play your Doom 3 at 110fps...





    love you more than. Love You More Album Cover.
  • Love You More Album Cover.



  • Steven in VA
    May 8, 11:19 PM
    Didn't somebody already point out the family account bargain?

    $149 for 5 accounts; only 30 bucks per account per year seems like a good deal for us. Even though our kids are grown they still like having it. And the 10GB storage on the sub-accounts is still big enough to be useful.

    But I just got the email notice that mine/ours is just about to renew, too. To have it become free for new users in a week, or a month, even, would be somewhat of a bite . . .





    love you more than. i love you more than anything
  • i love you more than anything



  • OttawaGuy
    Apr 9, 08:24 PM
    We use/say bedmas in Canada.

    Brackets, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction





    love you more than. love you more than i can say.
  • love you more than i can say.



  • koobcamuk
    Apr 25, 09:45 AM
    I urge anyone who is a regular Macrumors reader to ignore anyone labeled as Newbie in threads/discussions on this tracking/location issue. Most are trolls.

    I was one of the more vocal advocates on these threads way back when in the early days of the antennagate fiasco and the sheer number of trolls were mind-numbing. Of course they all went away into their trolldom caves, but some are showing their trollish faces again.

    Another tip: best way to ignore trolls is to not feed them.

    Rather ironic how your entire post is not constructive to the argument, and is merely troll-baiting.

    You're a n00b to me; I have 2 years on you.





    love you more than. love you more than i can say.
  • love you more than i can say.



  • iliketyla
    Mar 29, 04:19 PM
    Ah... dude... yes they have had suicides there... 11 attempts in 5 months out of 300,000 employees.

    You do realize this is lower than the US actual suicide rate of 11 per-100K per-year.

    Sorry... but I hate it when people and the press use "drama" to make a point and in reality... the Chinese workers at Foxconn are no different than your average US citizen.

    Link please.





    love you more than. love you more than i can say.
  • love you more than i can say.



  • Wolfpup
    Nov 5, 08:26 AM
    Sophos provides solutions mainly for large corporations. Its as legitimate as it can get. Whats good about is the small foot print their software takes. So its all business and no nonsense "turbo meters" etc. like with Intego Virus Barrier. Honestly I have no idea why they are giving away Home version for free. The business solutions are expensive. Then again if you really want to sell to corporations it makes sense to give people free home versions to gain presence and goodwill. After all those free Home version using people work in corporations...

    From this comment I can tell you have had absolute NO EXPERIENCE with the product.

    We have had it in our company for 10 years and it's absolutely non-intrusive and hassle free.

    Please don't generate noise if you don't have any relevant experience.

    Patrick

    Nice! Thanks for the info...so I take it this is better than Symantec's product? I used to like their corporate product for Windows, but it got AWFUL as of version 11, so I'm hesitant to install the OS X version (we've got a site license) so it's nice to have an alternative finally!





    love you more than. I love you more than you
  • I love you more than you



  • jfinke
    Aug 4, 06:46 AM
    the general availablity for the merom and woodcrest chips yet??

    All of the benchmarks that people were drooling over the last couple of weeks were for the conroe, which is the desktop version.

    So, it would not surprise me at all to see a delay in a merom based machine (or a woodcrest for that matter).





    love you more than. i love you more than anything
  • i love you more than anything



  • orbino
    Sep 11, 03:26 PM
    The assumption is for new Nanos and new 5G videos with more capacity...but nobody has conjectured on the form factors for these. Same thickness? Same sized screens? For what it's worth, we might have some circumstantial evidence in this arena...

    Some of you might be familiar with our high-end, form-fitting iPod cases (Orbino (http://www.orbino.com)). Our cases are precisely fit for each model, so every millimeter counts.

    Well...a couple weeks ago, the iPod marketing manager for Apple in Europe contacted us requesting samples for a press presentation "long lead time" consumer magazines. They were presenting the top iPod accessories for Christmas-related articles.

    She asked us for three leather case models for the presenation: our Cambio case for the current iPod video; and our Sportivo and Cambio models for the iPod Nano. One would assume, therefore, that the form factors will remain virtually the same -- otherwise, why would Apple have asked us for those cases to present to the press for the Christmas season?

    But then again with Apple, you never know!





    love you more than. i love you more than anything
  • i love you more than anything



  • mlrproducts
    Aug 11, 09:34 AM
    Yes but remember Leopard is not going to be only 64-bit, it will run 32-bit and 64-bit applications side by side.

    And also that it won't be out til January or later... plenty of time (closer to the 1st of the year) for them to upgrade..





    love you more than. love you more than i can say.
  • love you more than i can say.



  • digitalfx
    Mar 30, 07:31 PM
    I can confirm that Preview 2 works w/ the 2011 MBPs.


    is TRIM working w 2011 mbp's?





    love you more than. I love you more than you#39;ll
  • I love you more than you#39;ll



  • Eidorian
    Jul 22, 04:15 PM
    Agreed. A light, small, cheap Apple laptop targeted at students would be excellent, and an education iMac that's available to the public would be great too. Unlikely, but I'm with you on this one.

    In other news, I expect the iMac to stay with an X1600 series card (because Apple have historically used the mid-range cards: 9600, X600, X1600 and possibly the rumored X2600s next year) so maybe an X1600 Pro and/or an XT. I also think that they should update the MacBook Pros graphics card because its a Pro laptop with a mid-range card so a Mobility X1800 would be nice.X600 Pro (iSight iMac G5 17") and X600 XT (iSight iMac G5 20") Hopefully we'll see a slight bump on the GPU.





    love you more than. I love you more than Angry
  • I love you more than Angry



  • thelookingglass
    Mar 30, 09:15 AM
    I like the competition, and the cloud concept is definitely promising, but I don't think this is a solution I want. Call me pessimistic, but I don't want to rely on another entity for access to my own information. I don't want to store all my music and movies "in the cloud" and hope there is no complications. Rather, what I want is to be able to access my home computer via the cloud, but if all else fails, it's still saved on my home computer, not some remote server I can't access

    The ironic thing is your data is probably safer in the cloud (where there is adequate redundancy in multiple geographic locations) than just simply sitting on your home computer.





    DeathChill
    Apr 23, 06:36 PM
    Piggie, you're my favourite!

    You were quite concerned about how far behind Tegra 2 the iPad 2's specs were going to be and then when the tables turn in Apple's favour for specs it's, "but why, who needs this?"

    Are you trying to say that having a higher resolution wouldn't be beneficial? Especially in light of your comment about the iPad's resolution.





    Old Muley
    Apr 21, 06:33 PM
    Could this become the fabled "headless iMac"?





    nsjoker
    Jul 21, 09:27 PM
    now if apple can build a laptop that won't give me a first degree burn we're in business :cool:





    Fukui
    May 6, 03:58 AM
    I can't think of a worse idea!

    I can. Going back to PowerPC!! lol....





    vand0576
    Aug 11, 09:32 AM
    If they are truly planning this for the MacBook, then they are surely planning to bump the iMac to this chip too or better the Conroe. They continually refer to the MacBook and iMac as their "consumer line". I have been planning to buy an iMac for some time now, and this is definately an upgrade I would like to see. I'm most likely waiting until after MacWorld Expo to see what updates they will have for the iMac. The chip should be upgraded much before then, but I bet by that time they will have a few more upgrades for the iMac.

    Mac Pro and Xserve have the Xeon (Woodcrest).
    MacBook Pro, MacBook, and iMac will be upgraded to the Core 2 Duo (Merom) with iMac possibly being Conroe.
    Mac Mini will probably keep the Core Duo (Yonah).

    This sounds perfectly reasonable. Things are definately more interesting with the Intel chips because they are being rolled out so fast, unlike the PowerPC chips from Freescale/Motorola. It has only been about 6-7 months since the Core Duo was unveiled, now Core Duo 2 is here. Since Apple prides themselves on using advanced hardware, it only makes sense that they should upgrade the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and iMac to the Core 2 Duo (iMac=Conroe), and continue to upgrade to the best available chips Intel is offering at the time (aside from the 'extreme' editions).



    No comments:

    Post a Comment