Saturday, May 14, 2011

will arnett the office

will arnett the office. Gervais and Will Arnett.
  • Gervais and Will Arnett.



  • NewGenAdam
    Mar 11, 04:53 PM
    "10.45pm GMT: Now there are reports from nuclear plant operator Tepco that the Fukushima No 2 plant has lost cooling to three of its reactors.

    It was one reactor in the Fukushima No 1 plant that had been the cause for concern earlier – so this news is certainly unwelcome."

    British newspaper, The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/11/japan-tsunami-earthquake-live-coverage)
    -very good and quickly updated live page. Probably faster than the BBC because I'd say the BBC puts relatively higher value on accuracy and authority of news than its speed. But there's not much in it.

    The situation doesn't look too promising...





    will arnett the office. Gervais: #39;Give Will Arnett an
  • Gervais: #39;Give Will Arnett an



  • MattInOz
    Apr 20, 06:59 PM
    Please explain to me how I am experiencing a "degraded" experience on my current Android phone?

    I can do everything your iPhone can, plus tether at no additional cost and download any song I want for free.

    Ease of use in Android is just as simple as an iPhone, with the ability to customize IF YOU SO PLEASE.

    So if you would, cut the degraded experience crap.

    Applying a cost to tethering is your carriers choice.
    In many many places tethering comes for free on the iPhone. Certainly does for me and I'm with Australia's most abusive carrier.

    If your carrier allows free tether on one phone but not another isn't that anti-competitive behavior?





    will arnett the office. Carrey will join Will Arnett,
  • Carrey will join Will Arnett,



  • sparkleytone
    Sep 20, 05:58 PM
    Digital TV providers have absolutely no incentive to use an Apple branded box. They make a lot of revenue on rental of their own set-top boxes that have the ability to play their pay-per-view content. Apple is the competition and they still hold all of the cards (TV content monopoly).

    I think you underestimate Apple's amazing sales pitch:

    "Hey look! Free money!"





    will arnett the office. Ray Romano, Will Arnett,
  • Ray Romano, Will Arnett,



  • digitalbiker
    Mar 18, 09:08 PM
    I think this whole issue with Apple, DRM, & the music industry once again makes it perfectly clear that this distribution model is flawed. I have never used the Apple Store because I won't support digital encryption methods that restrict rights for the sole purpose of profit. I buy cd's and rip my music.

    The recording industry needs to change or die. We are no longer living in the 1950's. Making perfect copies of recordings and distributing multiple copies of the recording is no longer the significant monetary burden it once was.

    The recording industry needs to shift to a new business paradigm. If downloading music is to be the standard for distibution then profit-margins should be reduced to pennies per song. Artists should try to generate income through live-performances, or through managing their own web distribution system, charging a few cents a song.

    The recording industry wants to be compensated at ever increasing rates even though technology has significantly reduced the cost of doing business. They can't have their cake, eat-it too, and lose weight.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett, James Spader,
  • Will Arnett, James Spader,



  • roland.g
    Sep 20, 09:56 AM
    Since iTV most likely wont be a DVR device, I coughed up $700 today for a Sony DVR instead.
    I am sure Apple has a brilliant plan for the iTV, but I fail to see it.

    iTV is a great product. If you want a DVR, buy a DVR, if you want the next level of streaming, iTV is it. I already use Airtunes alot. It is hooked up to my stereo. Anytime I'm out in the yard or having a BBQ, I just plug in the Express and some speakers out back and stream music there.

    I personally don't buy tv shows and movies, but I like the idea of being able to code anything video into iTunes and view it on my tv along with slideshows, music, trailers.





    will arnett the office. Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett,
  • Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett,



  • KnightWRX
    May 2, 12:45 PM
    What makes you think MacOS X still contains directory traversal vulnerabilities that were reported in 2005? Do you really think MacOS X hasn't included the known fixes that were added six years ago? Opening a zip file on MacOS X _is_ safe. Of course that zip file can contain malware, which will then by on your Mac, exactly as if you had downloaded it directly. You still have to start the malware yourself, and you will still be asked by the OS if you really, really want to run the malware.

    You and I have different meanings of safe. Opening a zip file that contains malware and then popping-up an installer without user intervention is hardly what I call safe.

    Heck, auto-opening any kind of file is wrong as far as a proper security policy goes.

    I wasn't talking about directory traversal. Just simple absolute Paths. You can make them using the -jj option to zip. This will store the full volume and path information and if you use unzip to extract the archive, it will try to place the file in that location on the system where you're unarchiving to.

    Fortunately, it seems this is not what this is doing as Archive Utility does not honor absolute paths in a zip (I tested and confirmed it after someone came in earlier and spoke up about it), so something else is amiss here. Some people around other forums are suggesting that Archive Utility will automatically execute a .pkg if it is contained in an archive. Now that is unsafe if it is the case.





    will arnett the office. Will Ferrell On #39;The Office#39;:
  • Will Ferrell On #39;The Office#39;:



  • Dr.Gargoyle
    Aug 29, 04:18 PM
    This is just logic. uv AND heat are more potent due to o-zone decimation. Let me see if i can think of an example...............................erm ok car windows filter out uv rays and are tinted so they keep out some heat. If the window is closed you are a little more protected and a little cooler, if it is open you are a little more unprotected and hotter. (in summertime when the temperature is hotter and the earth is tilted towerd the sun)
    Hmmm... I don't want to be rude but you really should have some basic knowledge in physics before you make statements like that.





    will arnett the office. announced Will Arnett,
  • announced Will Arnett,



  • twoodcc
    Oct 10, 10:32 AM
    it's too early to tell yet. this is all just speculation at this point. wait until more android phones and android 1.5 is out first





    will arnett the office. Carrey will join Will Arnett,
  • Carrey will join Will Arnett,



  • Apple OC
    Apr 22, 09:08 PM
    If you want to argue about your religion(or lack there of), it's probably better to you use this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1019714). We've covered a lot of ground there.
    This thread is about why there is a higher demographic of Atheists in this particular forum.

    someone hasn't posted in that thread for 5 months ... why would people all of a sudden want to revive it ... today we have this one.





    will arnett the office. Ricky Gervais and Will Arnett
  • Ricky Gervais and Will Arnett



  • leekohler
    Mar 26, 02:41 AM
    I just love the :cool: expression on this :rolleyes: guy's sarcastic face. Thanks. :D

    Care to elaborate?





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett as GOB as the new
  • Will Arnett as GOB as the new



  • nefan65
    May 2, 09:37 AM
    Bigger, most Windows PC have anti-virus, can you say the same for Macs?

    It's Malware, not a virus. Big difference. Also, it's only related to Safari, WITH Open Safe files after downloading enabled. Otherwise, it requests that you open it, and enter a username/pass for the Admin account...

    It's only "Bigger" if you're gullible enough to download it, and install it without checking first...





    will arnett the office. will arnett, Archie Arnett
  • will arnett, Archie Arnett



  • AppliedVisual
    Oct 20, 02:36 PM
    So the high end will no longer be at 3ghz?

    How hard can an extra 333mhz be to attain? Especially with these cool-running Intel chips.

    It will come, just not with the initial production models. With the quad-core chips, Intel is already running into FSB bandwidth issues as it is. The Clovertowns are essentially dual Woodcrest CPUs stuck on the same die, sharing the same FSB and communication between the first duo-core CPU and the second duo-core CPU on that die must travel onto the FSB and into the other CPU. Between the two cores that are linked directly, data sharing can be handled through the L1 cache. So, depending on your application, the 8-core may be no better than a 4-core system -- if what your'e doing is already maxing out your CPU bus bandwidth. Somwhere down the road as Intel shifts to its 45nm production process and fully integrates all 4 cores on a single CPU (and later, 8 cores on die), we will see massive improvements in inter-core bandwidth. They will have to step-up on the FSB bandwidth though... Possibly by increasing the MHz, but more than likely we'll see some of that combined with increasing the width of the data path and possibly using multiple parallel FSB designs. ...Going to be interesting, that's for sure. And with Intel's new process and the plans for continuously jamming more cores onto a die at higher speeds, I think we're in for a real ride over the next 5 years or so.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett, Ray Romano,
  • Will Arnett, Ray Romano,



  • moderately
    Apr 28, 10:12 AM
    I am one of the many people carrying them, but, sales numbers of those versus the iPod Touch, and iPhone are telling us that the fad is over. ;)

    I don't want them to stop selling classic iPods, however I am not blind to the fact that I am a member of a dying breed of classic iPod users. :(

    Uhm, I still use an iPod. It carries all my music, usable contacts and calendar now and some games. And a touch interface. You are saying that my iPod Touch is not an Ipod. Guess we need to call it iTouch after all.

    I think it is stretching it to call the iPod a fad. One of the defining aspects of a fad is its temporary nature. 8-10 years temporary? Everything is temporary.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett#39;s forehead
  • Will Arnett#39;s forehead



  • Affirmed
    Apr 13, 12:09 PM
    There is very very little to tell from this presentation. There are only 2 things that everyone can agree are huge developments (at this times) - 64bit and Background rendering.

    The third huge development will be Media Management - IF it is actually improved. Nobody knows until we see it.

    I run post on a current television series that has 10 seats of Final Cut Studio running right now. Not one of my editors sees anything in FCPX to get excited about ... yet. We are too entrenched in our workflows to get excited about switching to a new interface.

    At the end of the day it's about the work. Sure, we'll switch if there are overwhelming advantages, but you can't tell anything from this presentation. And like all software, version 1 will have bugs and nobody will be using this product in a professional environment until it's been thoroughly vetted. They might as well rename it Final Cut 2012.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett, Ricky Gervais
  • Will Arnett, Ricky Gervais



  • OllyW
    Apr 15, 09:32 AM
    THAT video shows how one should handle bullying IMHO. I bet that scrawny lil Jersey Shore wannabe won't mess with that kid anymore.

    THAT case only worked because the bullying victim was much bigger and stronger than the bully.





    will arnett the office. Jim Carrey and Will Arnett
  • Jim Carrey and Will Arnett



  • ct2k7
    Apr 24, 06:48 PM
    Most Islamic countries are not inhabitable by homosexuals or religious minorities, your mileage may vary.

    The biggest muslim population right now is Indonesia, and they tried banning Christians from using Allah to describe their God. They're also trying to ban the Ahmadiyah sect...

    I don't think France or Britain are responsible for Iran's strict implementation of Islamic law and ruthless persecution of dissidents, and to claim that they are responsible is insulting to Muslims because it implies they're far too reactionary to deal with anything using Reason. Just like people who want to ban qur'an burnings and blasphemy because they're afraid of how muslims might react. Are Muslims animals who are so easily goaded? No, they're human beings so they should be expected to act responsibly and not go on rampages at the slightest provocation.

    The Ahmadiyya sect goes against the first pillar of Islam. :/





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett, James Spader,
  • Will Arnett, James Spader,



  • gugy
    Sep 12, 06:42 PM
    Wow, a TON OF YOU totally miss the iTV purpose, to stream content FROM YOUR MAC! That's why no tuner, no storage, no anything!! Does Airport Express have storage, an antenna, etc?!? NO!!!

    I love this! I want one today! I'm going to get a huge HD, maybe two of them and start my stored media collection on my G5 that I can wirelessly access in my HT room from the iTV's wireless remote!! I love it!! Music, Family photos in a slide show, eyegato to record HD programs!! Awesome!!!

    This so rocks and will make a ton of money for Apple! I can't wait, this is truly what I've been looking for as there's no HDMI out on my G5!!


    Thank you!
    Finally. Most people are not getting it.
    The only thing keeps me from screaming of excitement is IF the wireless stream will be perfect. If Apple can make it work, I'll do exactly what you have described above. Elgato will be my next purchase at the same time I buy ITV.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett
  • Will Arnett



  • Iscariot
    Mar 25, 10:39 AM
    I did not miss the fact that you tried to expand the discussion point. ;)

    Had a more conservative member of this board attempted to 'stretch' the original point of the thread to included all 'Christians' and the 'mainstream', I would bet my life that ones attempting to 'stretch' the original point of this thread would jump down his or her throat in a second.

    You misspeak and mischaracterize. A conservative member of this board has already narrowed the discussion from "hate" to "specific acts of violence linked diretly to the catholic church". A distinction that gives a massive amount of "stretch" and eliminates things like a Roman Catholic pastor in Texas comparing homosexuals to rapists or Mexican catholic priests fomenting hate in the wake of a same-sex marriage bill. And yet we are working within his narrowed definition.





    will arnett the office. Will Arnett, James Spader,
  • Will Arnett, James Spader,



  • toddybody
    Apr 15, 10:11 AM
    Hahaha, if I doubted your gayness for one second, you really convinced me with that last part..."self-hate". (very standard, piss-poor rebuttal I get from every butt-hurt gay (no pun intended!) that feels MY views don't align with theirs)

    Sorry, kiddo, I do not hate myself or my fellow gays and lesbians. AT ALL. Go ahead and step outta the glittered box you live in and learn to understand that one does NOT have to support every single aspect of this lifestyle. Are you effing crazy, dude!??

    We're all quick to criticize the Apple fanboys who drink Steve's kool-aid, but guess what, I'm no "fanboy". I'm a gay male. Not an uber fan of the gay agenda that supports every bit of it. I don't. DEAL WITH IT.

    How dare you say I hate myself just because I have a entirely different point of view.

    Theres ways to express your opinion (even if its pretty unpopular) without stooping to this. Not Cool





    koobcamuk
    Apr 9, 01:15 AM
    Oops. Looks like someone hasn't visited the App Store in like, never.

    Since you're still in can you grab me a Palm Centro? I'm feelin nostalgic.

    I used to have an iPhone, and I like a few of the games for it. I even liked playing them on my iPad.

    Considering how the phone barely makes it through a day without being charged, a separate dedicated handheld console is a blessing to most gamers.

    Most people that say iOS games are good and cheap end up spending lots more money on more iOS games than they would on a few dedicated games. Plus, I always prefer to have a physical copy... I don't like the idea of all my downloads going walkabout some day.

    Oh, and try to be more mature in your reply next time please. That was uncalled for and childish.





    Designer Dale
    Apr 20, 06:47 PM
    I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPod Touch. My wife has an Android phone. I can't use her phone well but I feel I could use an iPhone with zero learning curve just because everything is so consistent across Apple mobile devices. That's what I like about Apple devices. No big surprises.

    The manual for her phone is 156 pages long. I couldn't find the buttons illustrated in it to set up another email address other than Gmail.

    Dale





    deputy_doofy
    Apr 21, 07:54 AM
    This virus talk is full of ignorance. Mac OSX is not more secure than Windows. Windows is just targeted more, because of the marketshare.

    If you think that Apple writes perfect code everytime then you have no idea what you're talking about.

    I keep hearing this, but in just over 10 years now, I have yet to see one virus -- you know, a self-propagating piece of software (not counting trojans or user-initiated apps). For all the IT "geniuses" on this board, you obviously ALL failed statistics (because OS X should not have a virus count == 0, but it does).





    SandboxGeneral
    Mar 14, 06:49 PM
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I was watching ABC World News with Diane Sawyer this evening and she said there have been no reports of looting since the earthquake. She went on to say that the total population is about half that of the US, squeezed into an area the size of Montana.

    If it's true that there has been no looting, I think that says a lot for the Japanese people. That's a sign of a very respectable and community oriented civilization.

    I lived in Japan for one year while serving in the US Marines, and I enjoyed every minute of my stay there. I do hope that someday I can make a return visit.

    Back to the bit about looting, I feel ashamed and embarrassed of my own countrymen in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina when we all saw people, including police officers, looting Walmart and many other businesses. To me it's unacceptable for Americans to be doing that sort of thing as the "leaders of the free world." Thats one area where the Japanese have the high ground over Americans; sense of community through disaster.

    Let me qualify my remarks by saying I realize that the percentage of Americans who were looting after Katrina, is small, but when it's broadcast over international TV, it reflects on the whole country.





    space2go
    Mar 20, 08:25 PM
    @eric_n_dfw

    Perhaps you should read what you quote:


    That's ok. I was responding to the hypothetical situation of ...
    (thus breaking a copyright)
    ..which I said there was nothing wrong with.

    legal/illegal and right/wrong do not have to line up with each other in the real world.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment