Saturday, May 14, 2011

the world god only knows ii

the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows ii.
  • the world god only knows ii.



  • dr_lha
    Aug 11, 10:38 AM
    That's Conroe. Merom can be put into the current iMac/Mac Mini. If you're adventureous to open the machines up or getting a third party installation. Otherwise you're looking at an entire logic board replacement for the laptops. It's probably better just to wait and buy an entire new laptop.

    http://guides.macrumors.com/Merom

    Read the Guide...
    Read the link, the chip on that link was a Conroe, not a Merom.

    What exactly was wrong with what I posted?





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows 2
  • The World God Only Knows 2



  • Multimedia
    Aug 7, 09:38 PM
    I'd watch that last sentence... Airport was NOT an option you could add on LATER with the PowerMac G5's. Are you sure about that statement?Yes it was and still is. I'm 100% Certain. You can put it in in about 2 minutes. Nothing to it. :) You're probably thinking of Bluetooth which is not user installable which is why I recommend it since it's only $29 extra. Will be a resale feature.





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows II
  • The World God Only Knows II



  • shawnce
    Aug 2, 12:05 PM
    Let me get this straight. The Keynote is on Monday not Tuesday. I thought the keynote was Tuesday just like MWSF.

    http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedules/monday_am.html





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows II 05
  • The World God Only Knows II 05



  • Don't panic
    May 4, 03:04 PM
    ok, guys, what are we going to do?
    forward? back to the start to check the other doors? split?





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows 2.
  • the world god only knows 2.



  • ucfgrad93
    May 3, 02:07 PM
    And just so we're all clear, I'm definitely Chaotic Good. :D

    Sorry dude, Lawful Evil is where it is at!:p





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows 2
  • The World God Only Knows 2



  • Erasmus
    Aug 4, 10:05 PM
    I agree but think likely by Thanksgiving. I think mini will get the 1.6 GHz Core 2 Duo Combo and 1.87 GHz Core 2 Duo Superdrive upgrades thus ending the last Mac to have only one core as well as the end of all 32-bit Macs. :)

    OK, being an Australian, and blissfully ignorant to the ways of the American, when is Thanksgiving? Before or after Paris?

    I say new iPods at Paris, and maybe some software. It would be great if all Macs were Core 2 Generation before the Paris Expo.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows ii.
  • the world god only knows ii.



  • iRobby
    Mar 27, 03:00 PM
    Heh. No LTE, no NFC, no bigger screen, no antenna fix, and now no iOS upgrade? What's the point in releasing an iPhone at all this year?


    These are just RUMORS! They will do at least some. Most likely, NFC, antenna fix, and IOS upgrade.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows ii.
  • the world god only knows ii.



  • SPUY767
    Aug 7, 04:34 PM
    I absolutely cannot believe airport and bluetooth are still options on the Pros. They are standard on EVERY other model. What the hell, Apple?

    A lot of these will be in a work environment where wireless networking would be a hinderance more than a help. If anything, they should bundle it with the same price and subtract 49$ if you take it off of BTO.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows ii.
  • the world god only knows ii.



  • asleep
    Mar 28, 11:33 AM
    I've always expected Apple to switch to a pre-Christmas release -- like October/November -- to dominate the "Christmas present chatter" every year.

    This appears to be the best chance for that to happen.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows 2.
  • the world god only knows 2.



  • srathi
    Apr 26, 02:14 PM
    Some will be bothered about IOS not being the most dominant. I personally don't care, I just want the best mobile OS.
    Did you mean Android? :p





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows ii.
  • the world god only knows ii.



  • toddybody
    Apr 7, 11:57 AM
    The last part was about the next revolutionary product.

    Don't think they will be complacent, but most likely without Steve Jobs they'll have a harder time.

    As far as complaining about C2D, MBP res, etc. , add Blue Ray that's never an issue for me.
    I don't buy any Apple product until I check out it's what I want or it's close enough to jump.

    I was on the sidelines until 3rd gen ipod, on the sidelines until MBP's fell into my price range ( I like to buy one generation back), and currently on the sidelines until ipad 3 or 4 as well as iphone 5 or 6.

    Good things come to those who wait. (I am from a generation that can wait without withdrawal symptoms)


    I never would suggest that Apple is going to tank/go back to HP manufactured iPod Mini...lol

    I just want other companies to succeed, if only to make my Apple products that much better. For instance, Id love to see the iP5 have a 4inch screen (im sure many disagree)...that could be a possibility because of some HTC success (Evo, Inspire...etc). BTW: Glad to hear youre a very contemplative buyer, it always pays off. Stay well friend, have a wonderful day.





    the world god only knows ii. Kill him! its the only way
  • Kill him! its the only way



  • scottsjack
    Apr 21, 04:03 PM
    As an MP owner it of course sounds great to me. I really get sick hearing about iToys, some of which I own and love. If Apple would produce both the traditional Mac Pro and a rack mount version each configured to their specific duties that would be the best. As a mat screen user it's either Mac Pro, Mac mini or Windows for me. In spite of the fact that Windows 7 is pretty great to use I'd MUCH, MUCH rather stay with Mac.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows 2.
  • the world god only knows 2.



  • scottsjack
    Apr 21, 04:03 PM
    As an MP owner it of course sounds great to me. I really get sick hearing about iToys, some of which I own and love. If Apple would produce both the traditional Mac Pro and a rack mount version each configured to their specific duties that would be the best. As a mat screen user it's either Mac Pro, Mac mini or Windows for me. In spite of the fact that Windows 7 is pretty great to use I'd MUCH, MUCH rather stay with Mac.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows
  • the world god only knows



  • Mac'nCheese
    Apr 9, 08:07 PM
    Which orifice did you pull the "*" from??? :p

    The answer is 2, not 288 (it can't be that)

    Following PEMDAS (Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction):

    9+3=12
    12*2=24
    48/24=2

    2 is the final answer.

    As I stated above, you are missing an Important rule of pemdas. When you get to multiplication/division or addition/subtraction, you go left to right. So: 48/2 is 24. And 24 *12 is 288. If u don't believe me, just google pemdas and u get the rules:

    http://www.mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows II
  • The World God Only Knows II



  • GQB
    Mar 28, 10:44 AM
    If this is true, I'm getting an HTC Android phone.

    I still have the iPhone 3GS (2 year contract), so I want to upgrade THIS year, preferably this summer.

    Don't let me down Apple!

    The danger isn't from iPhone users jumping ship into the Android cesspool, but failing to capitalize on Android defections.





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows II
  • The World God Only Knows II



  • Vic320
    Apr 25, 09:18 AM
    This whole thing is stupid. Of course the iPhone will track what cell towers and wi-fi access points are around it. It needs this information to be able to make phone calls and access the internet. It makes sense that this info be stored so that it does not have to gather in info every time (basic cacheing). What Apple did not anticipate was that someone would find this database and would start screaming about an "invasion of privacy". It is probably something that Apple could have foreseen and they should have encrypted this info, but until someone proves that this info is actually being transmitted back to Apple, it's just a bunch of crap.





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows 2
  • The World God Only Knows 2



  • Blakeco123
    Apr 23, 04:51 PM
    LOL was going about it the hardware in CoreServices/Finder.app (which has all the sidebar icons btw). Didn't think it would be the obvious in the Contents of the app. DOH!

    Thanks!

    Wait, so the desktop wallpaper should be 3200x2000? I'm only seeing 2560x1600. Hmmmm.

    The only wallpaper that currently show this resolution is the default lion wallpaper, So even if your in lion none of the other wallpapers are this resolution, anyway no problem im happy to help.





    the world god only knows ii. the world god only knows 2nd
  • the world god only knows 2nd



  • snberk103
    May 5, 09:23 PM
    Fine, but prove to me it's because of the metric system.

    I don't know that it does.... I was merely rebutting the point that learning the Imperial measures gave US kids a competitive edge.





    the world god only knows ii. The World God Only Knows
  • The World God Only Knows



  • jabooth
    Jul 30, 06:54 PM
    I'm with the few who feel it will be SIM free.

    Think about it - cracking into the cell phone market is a complex business. I know apple has money but setting up their own service??

    Thats a serious gamble....

    Seems much more likely to me that they would make a phone that you can just order from the apple store and shove your SIM card in.

    People think nothing of spending �200+ on an ipod - why would buying an ipod with intergrated phone features seem any different?? (if properly priced).

    Also, with simply making the hardware apple can easily sell overseas - UK networks are GSM just like USA and the rest of Europe. They can mass produce one product and sell it at both sides of the Atlantic - then they can sign on with individual providers and sell the 'iphone' it the more traditional light with contracts.





    toddybody
    Apr 7, 12:19 PM
    it's a lower cost model? Customers that want to pay less buy it, it's not that hard to understand and is done in all industries. You have no point.

    Wow. I think you missed the point. At 1199, the MacbookPRO should have a discrete option...hell, POS HP's at 600.00 do.

    Oh, and please spare me the snarky "well then enjoy your HP! Har har har" comment.





    liphonearth
    Apr 26, 04:27 PM
    Yes,

    Android takes over greater share of the market, while Apple retains the bulk of the revenues / profits.

    Just as Apple retains a small slice of the PC market while selling over 60% of $1,000+ computers, they will maintain superior revenues/profits no matter how "small" their share of the telecom market turns out to be.

    Ideal, as Apple stock prices might temporarily drop in price while their EPS continues to sky-rocket.

    T





    Timepass
    Jul 30, 11:15 PM
    That is pure, Apple style right there. Of course, I don't picture this phone being a flip phones. I believe (and hope) flip phones are on their way out. They were a fad, but aren't as practical as candy bar phones. They have more moving parts that can break and take longer to answer, especially if your hands are full or you're driving your car. (All you flip-phone people out there, before you start lashing out in defense, just accept those statements as truth, because you know they are.) Nothing beats hearing your phone, looking down, and pushing a button to start talking. As far as accidently calling people, I lock my phone with the push of a button and don't have any problems.

    I am surpise no one said anything in the rest of the pages about this but I am just going to say What...

    I hate the candy bar phones and I would never get the apple iPhone is it was not a flip phone.

    Reason I like the flip phone. When talking on it it a closer to the size of a normal phone so it is easy to hold and talk on. Close it and it smaller than you candy bar phone in demition and fits in my pocket better.

    I dont have to deal with a keygaurd and forgetting to put it on and I dont have to deal with turn it off. Just close my phone and every thing is covered.
    I find it EASIER to answer them. Phone rings I glance down at the outside LCD and flip the phone open (all with one hand) and the call is answer (answer on flip) or I hit one of the side buttons to turn off the ringer all of this with out have to look at the phone. I can turn off the ringer with out taking it out of my pocket (cannt do that on a candy bar). Compare to a candy bar phone I would glace down at the LCD to see who is and then I would have to hit the talk button to answer it. yet again the flip phone wins

    And to top all that off the main LCD and keys are ALWAYS protected when the phone is not in use (candy bar nope).


    So far is Flip phone 3 candy bar 0. I like the flip phones long before they where a fad and I will contine to like them after the fad wears off. I didnt go back to candy bar when they where back in again. I stuck with the flip phone and contine to like the flip phone for the advatages I listed above.





    goMac
    Apr 18, 03:39 PM
    Have you seen Windows GUI? It's also almost identical - rows of icons and task bar at the bottom. Did Microsoft sue Apple? No.

    That's because Microsoft copied Apple (or NeXT really.) The NeXT dock predates the taskbar in Windows, and at the time a lot of people felt that's where Microsoft got the taskbar from.

    If you go back to Windows 3.1, no taskbar. And then suddenly Windows 95 which shipped after NeXTStep, there is a taskbar.





    LarryC
    May 6, 01:49 AM
    If my understanding of processor architectures are correct, the CISC processors have become a hybrid. There's a core part that is probably more similar to a RISC and a pre-processor that translates the CISC operations to the core. At least this was my understanding of the AMD Thunderbird chips from 10+ years ago. RISC chips moved in a similar and opposite direction, adding more instructions. Kind of counter to the original idea of RISC.

    Thank you.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment